We love bringing Comfort & Joy to others. Helping people rediscover life's simple joys. It's our motivating factor.
In keeping with our mission, we also want to give back to the community. After much prayer and research, we found Dayspring Villa in Oklahoma. They are committed to providing safety and ongoing care for women who are victims of domestic abuse or human sex trafficking.
DaySpring Villa has carefully crafted programs to meet the needs of their guests. They promote healing by providing the following services:
From their website:
- A safe and secure environment. Our facilities are equipped with 25 sleeping units, large kitchen and dining room, parlor, recreation room, and outdoor play area.
- Provision of basic necessities. While at DaySpring Villa, our guests receive housing, food, personal hygiene items, and professional services.
- Goals-based programs. Guests are assigned a case manager who helps them establish personal goals to steer them to take the action steps they need in order to live independently.
- Support for children. Children of our guests have also faced trauma and are an integral part of our program.
- Professional services. Guest who do not qualify for Medicaid have access to medical, dental, and eye care services.
- Program specific housing. We provide separate living areas for guests of our programs to promote healing and recovery.
- Non-residential program. Ongoing support services are available for our guests when they are ready to live independently.
- A compassionate staff. From our case managers and administrative staff to our program staff, we love each guest unconditionally to help each woman reclaim the person she was meant to be.
Along with financial support, we are also sending soaps to be given to the women who stay there. It is our hope that, even for a moment, these little gifts will bring a bit of uplifting & comfort to their weary hearts.
We are so blessed to be able to give back to such a wonderful organization so committed to serving the dear souls that come through their doors.
The picture you see here is a little butterfly, crafted by one of the children staying at Dayspring.
If you would like to make a donation to Dayspring, you can do so via their website: DaySpring Villa
Throughout the year, we will share stories about how our giving is helping support these dear women and their children.