Easy Gluten Free Vegan Banana Muffins
I just whipped up a batch of these delicious muffins and thought I would share it here on the blog! They are gluten, dairy and egg free, and they are so moist and delicious! And, very low in fat, too!
Our daughter was diagnosed with Crohn's disease last year. She has completely changed to a gluten and dairy free diet and it has helped her tremendously. These muffins are a wonderful, healthy alternative to sugary cookies and cakes. My husband is trying to reduce sugar and fat in his diet and he gave these a thumbs up!
The recipe was taken from Nutritionist in the Kitch
It calls for 1/4 cup of protein powder which can be substituted with another 1/4 cup of gluten free flour and bringing the xanthan gum to 1/4 tsp.
Recipe for Gluten Free Banana Muffins
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if already in your flour blend)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup Orgain Organic Protein plant-based vanilla powder or other plant-based vanilla protein powder of choice (Note: for the protein powder, you can sub another 1/4 cup gf flour and bring xanthan gum to 1/4 tsp)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar (or raw honey if you do not need vegan)
- 3 medium very ripe bananas
- ¼ cup naturally sweetened gluten-free granola of choice
- Coconut Oil for greasing muffin pan
- Optional: Nut butter for slathering
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash bananas in a bowl and add in the coconut palm sugar and coconut nectar (or honey). I like a few chunks of banana in my muffins, but you can mash until smooth, if you prefer.
- In another bowl, add the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, protein powder, cinnamon, and salt and mix well to combine.
- Add the wet banana mixture to the flour mixture and fold in until all is well combined. Do not overmix. Set the batter aside for 2-3 minutes to "fluff up".
- Grease a muffin tray using coconut oil.
- Fill 8 of the muffin cups in the greased muffin tray ¾ full of the muffin batter.
- Top the batter evenly with the granola, about ½ tablespoon over each.
- Bake the muffins in oven for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick pulls clean.
- Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, slather with nut butter and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy these as much as my family does!
Amazing Gluten, Dairy, Egg Free Nut Bread
I thought I would share this wonderful recipe that I found on Pinterest. (It is THE best place to find awesome recipes!)The direct link to the blog post for the recipe is HEREI modified it a bit, because I don't have a local source for Psyllium Seed Husks.My recipe for the bread:1 Cup Sunflower Seeds1/2 [...]